Header

Image Map

Five For Friday- Happy Halloween!!!



Happy Halloween Everybody!
I'm linking up again with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday



It has been a completely crazy week and I mean 
Cah-RAY-ZY!
We had our field trip to the pumpkin patch, made pumpkin pie from scratch, had parent teacher conferences and had Halloween- All in one week! You can say I'm just about pooped!

Here's a little peek into our week:


Supporting the Cause!

Last week our school joined together in support of Breast Cancer Awareness. Everyone wore pink, and I have to say I was especially impressed with the guys! Most of the boys don't even own pink, but they found great ways to show their support!


This one was my absolute favorite! Everytime I looked at this guy I couldn't stop giggling. So great!



Can I say BEST FIELD TRIP EVER!!!

We visited McClelland's Dairy Farm in Petaluma and boy oh boy were we impressed!



We had the most amazing tour guide. She shared so much information with us about cows.

We had a blast petting the baby cows and letting them lick us. Seriously the cutest thing ever!

We also watched a cow being milked by a machine and then got to feel the bucket they put the milk in. It was still extremely warm.



At the end of our trip we got to go out to the pumpkin patch and pick sugar pumpkins. It was definitely a treat!


Pumpkin Pie From Scratch!


Every year I always make pumpkin pie from scratch with my kiddos so they can see the process it takes to turn a pumpkin into a pie. 
It's always a great experience and I feel like it enriches the learning process so much more!



After we cooked our pumpkin and mixed it with the other necessary ingredients, we baked our pie and then saved it for today so we could enjoy it for out halloween party.



Pumpkin Science and Centers


 

After we brought our pumpkins back from the farm, we did a little math with them before taking them home.
We measured how high they were with unifix cubes, we counted how many stripes were on our pumpkins, we guessed if they would sink or float and then we tested it out.
We also sorted all the seeds from the pumpkin we turned into pie and lined them up into groups of ten.

I also had the students estimate how many seeds they thought were in the pumpkin. 
After we estimated, we counted by tens until we got our answer- 490! Can you believe little pumpkins can have so many seeds! 

 

We also practiced measuring with pumpkin seeds.
This was a great FREEBIE I picked up on TPT
You can download yourself a copy 
HERE




Getting in the Holiday Spirit!

I decided to be Olaf for Halloween and let me tell ya, when I walked outside on the playground this morning to pick up my students, it was like the entire elementary saw a celebrity! The kids were VERY excited to recognize one of their favorite characters. This costume was definitely a hit and its all thanks to one my students' parents. 
They very sweetly offered me the hat to wear and I very eagerly and gratefully accepted! She is such  saint!


And to conclude, I thought I'd share one of my favorite things about this week. 
We just got back from celebrating Halloween in San Francisco where we went to an event called Off the Grid. Its an amazing thing let me tell ya! There are a whole slew of food trucks that park and set up shop and then you get to wander around trying all sorts of out of this world, ta die for, delicious food. I mean it's pretty much like the adult version of trick or treating! Best discovery ever!!

This was the view we enjoyed as we devoured the best doughnuts we've ever tasted. 
Check out these bad boys (I must warn you, if you click on the link, you may start craving dessert!).


Wishing you a very Happy Halloween!!!

Goodnight everyone :)


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment