Header

Image Map

Five For Friday- A Peek Into Our Week!


It's time again for my favorite link up- Five for Friday.

I'm joining Doodle Bugs Teaching to share what's been going on in my world:


doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com


3 Day weekend and a trip to the coast!




  Can I just say how grateful I am for 3 day weekends??? We took advantage of our extra day and took a mini-trip to Mendocino. Man was that such a well needed break! It felt incredible to sleep in and walk on the beach. What a blessing!


New Inspiring Children's Literature!

 While strolling around Mendocino, we found a really great bookstore. I don't know about you, but usually the first place I go when I'm in a bookstore is the children's section. 
I just can't stay away from fun books with great pictures.
I'm always on the look out for more great reads to share with my kiddos. These two definitely look like winners. 
The Book With No Pictures is SOOO FUNNY!!! I was actually trying not to chuckle too loudly when I was reading it. I knew my students would get a kick out of it. 

 This book is really fun and interactive. It would be a great tool in teaching color theory to kids. It actually shows what happens when you mix different colors together. It is REALLY COOL!!

So I have a confession- I didn't actually purchase either of these books (although I REALLY wanted to).

I have decided to put them on my classroom Christmas wish list. Hopefully they will make their way into my room come January. :)
We shall see.


Positively Perfect Pumpkins!


I had to include these in my post. Our school art teacher (she teaches Kindergarten-12th grade art) came up with this activity and then put these beautiful pictures up the hallway for the whole school to enjoy. Aren't they amazing! I think she used colored pencils for the pumpkins.


Zero the Hero Treat



Do you do Zero the Hero in your classroom?
We sure do! Every 10th day of school, when the students come into the classroom, there is a treat waiting for them. 
This week we celebrated the 30th day of school and this was our treat. Little cuties decorated to look like jack-o-lanterns. My students thought it was pretty great.

And to add to our crazy pumpkin theme, here are two ways I indulged in the pumpkin frenzy at my house:

 
I finally tried one of the million pinterest DIY projects I have pinned and painted a chevron pumpkin (I've seriously wanted to try this for YEARS! Finally I Did! HA)

And, this is my take on one of our favorite recipes butternut squash risotto. This time, I used sugar pumpkin instead of squash, and it turned out very well.
If you are looking for serious comfort food then I highly recommend giving this recipe a try. It's insanely delicious and not too hard to make.




{Fun}draiser


How do you do fundraisers at your school?
This year we are launching a jumpathon to raise money for our sports fund. The kids have 1 week to collect pledges so, I tried to come up with a fun visual reminder to help them work on getting pledges every night. 

If they raise $25 they get a t-shirt.
If every student in our school raises $110 our P.E. coach will shave his hair into a mow hawk (the kids thought this was AWESOME)
AND if every student raises $160 our coach will dye his mow hawk hot pink!

We have a pretty amazing coach!!



If your school does any successful fundraisers I'd love to hear about them!

And on that note, I hope you have a fantastic weekend! 


post signature

2 comments:

  1. Hey Abbie, I've nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check it out here:
    http://confessionsofalowergradeteacher.blogspot.com/2014/10/liebster-award-spreading-blogging-love.html

    ReplyDelete