Header

Image Map

Five for Friday (a little late) oops!

I'm gonna try something new that's pretty popular in the blogging world. Here is my Five for Friday. 

I meant to post it yesterday, but let's be honest- at the end of the first week of school I (ridiculously) thought it would be a good idea to go home and make lasagna (from scratch) and after slaving away for 2 hours I promptly ate dinner with the hubs and then passed out on the couch at about 7:30pm. NO JOKE! 

That's a teacher's life for ya folks. After the school week ends, its pretty near impossible to stay awake like normal people.

So excuse my tardiness, and let's just pretend it's Friday and I'm posting this yesterday :)

#1  Fun New Clips This Year.

I absolutely love how my students clips turned out this year. I found these stickers at walmart and think they add a little something special. 

#2  I can't get enough of these new nails!



A friend of mine gave me a sample sheet of Jamberry Nail Designs and can you see how cute the chevron pattern is??? I couldn't possibly paint that in a million years and now all I have to do is stick a pre made pattern on my nails. So easy and so cute!!


#3 What Do Scientists Do?

This week we talked about the scientific method. We discussed what scientists look like and what they do.
Aren't these cards so cute! A big thank you to Deanna Jump for sharing these! You can download them for free right HERE
I read the book Meet Einstein and my students absolutely LOVED it!
I also had the kids draw themselves as crazy scientists. Look at how cute their pictures are!
 

#4 Selfies Galore!!
My coworker (she teaches 4th/5th grade) found the cutest template for student selfies!
She picked it up on TPT  HERE









#5  A Fun First Day Gift!
After what had to be the longest first day of school for both me and my hubby, he did the sweetest thing! He brought home flowers for me! He always brings me flowers on the first day (its a tradition).
I'm so grateful for this man and his incredible support!

And on that note I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!!


4 comments:

  1. Do you also have a chevron keyboard on your computer? Super cute! I'm going to have to check out the Meet Einstein book. I haven't heard about that one yet. Thanks! I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crazy scientist photos are super cute! I am going to have to check the Einstein book out, I haven't read that one. Love the clips you made for your kiddos super cute. I totally agree with being beat on Friday night....such is the life of a teacher. Your flowers are beautiful, tiger lilies are my favorite. I even had them in my wedding bouquet many moons ago...lol. Have a great year!

    ~Laura
    Luv My Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ms. Pretzel- Thank you for following me! And yes, that is chevron on my keyboard. I'm a little obsessed with the pattern (my hubby thinks I may have a problem since I can't stop buying it). I would highly recommend Meet Einstein. It's such a fun way to kick off science at the start of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Laura- Thank you so much! I always love to see what my kiddos are going to come up with for the crazy scientist self portraits. Their funny details are so adorable and hilarious!
    You're right Friday is always long, and in our house we now refer to it as pizza and beer night. Since my husband and I are both teachers, all we have energy for at the end of the school week is to sit on the couch and eat carbs. Its our "cheat" day! :)

    ReplyDelete