Header

Image Map

Five For Friday-Hitting the Ground Running!

Well folks its that time of the week again. This week definitely flew by! There was lots of incredible learning that took place and I can't wait to share it with you!


First I'll start on a personal note. Not sure if I've mentioned this previously, but the Hubs and I are die hard Green Bay Packer fans.
He is from Wisconsin, so naturally its in his blood. I didn't really care about sports until I met him, but I have to say football has grown on me and now I am a packer fan through and through. 
We were SO excited on Sunday when the Packers beat the Jets!
    GO PACK GO!!!
This was us at Lambeau a few years ago! Needless to say, our love for them is a little more than a hobby-It's more like a lifestyle. 

Okay on to the school stuff:


Have You Filled a Bucket Today?


 Okay, so I know I have already posted this picture, but come on, how cute are this little buckets???

I taught this lesson on Tuesday for our Elementary chapel 

(1st-5th grade students) and man was it a HIT!
It is always a great lesson to teach at the beginning of the year. I like to establish an atmosphere of kindness and sharing so everyone feels safe and happy to come to school.



 All I have to say is THANK GOD for pinterest and the teacher resources that can be found on it!

I realized Tuesday morning that I was in charge of teaching the lesson for chapel to 35 little ones and I had to come up with something in a quick minute!

A big thanks to: Stephanie at 3rd grade thoughts for her amazing bucket filling inspiration. She got her idea from Cara Carroll at The First Grade Parade another one of my favorite bloggers who created a Peacemakers/Peacebreakers anchor chart. I loved their ideas so much, I decided to use both!


You can download the bucket filler labels for free right Here

And the peacemakers/breakers labels from First Grade Fanatics Here





We wrapped up our lesson by cheering this chant which I downloaded courtesy of Gradeonederful



Our Solar System Schema is Out of This World!

Check out these AMAZING solar system drawings my kiddos completed in art. I found the free project on TPT thanks to Lesson Fantastic



  This gem is an excerpt from an AMAZING solar system unit I picked up on TPT that is helping me teach my kids all the important facts. Check it out

Okay so I know these notes are a bit sloppy, but I just had to share the amazing acronym we learned about to help us learn the order of the planets: My Very Energetic Mother Just Served Us Noodles
      Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune


We obtained all our initial info from this book! I would highly recommend it, not to much information and wonderful pictures!
Get yourself a copy HERE




Thank Heavens For Laminated Labels!!

So, I think I mentioned my husband is also a teacher and this year his job description shifted from high school Spanish/Algebra teacher to Lead teacher of our (ENTIRE) middle school department (6th-8th grades).

Needless to say, its been a big learning curve. The teacher who retired at the end of last year (after 20 years of service) was an amazing master teacher. She was so inspiring and myself and my coworkers aspire to be like her someday (she had her lesson plans finished 6 weeks ahead of time). 

One classroom procedure that was in place from last year was the assignments board. But after three weeks of students complaining about not being able to keep track of all their assignments, we thought maybe we needed a fresh approach.

I'm not gonna lie, this board looks kinda like a hot mess :( sorry babe.



Check out our new masterpiece!
I can't help but thinking laminated labels always make things better. Deep breath, ahhh! Feels good to get organized!



Gotta Love Effective Communication!


A unique part of my schedule this year is that I teach kindergarten/first grade in the morning and then I teach 1st-3rd grade in the afternoon. 
My kinders get picked up after lunch and since I am already teaching my new group, I haven't been able to touch base/communicate with parents. 
I wanted to make sure they had an effective way to pass info along to me as well as drop off forms and check if they had any outstanding items that still needed to be turned in.
The clipboard has a checklist with each child's name and a list of all the things that need to be come back to school.
The bin is designed for forms and other important things parents want passed along to me. 

I know this drawing is a little rough, but after I drew it for my kiddos, I realized I loved the idea of having a picture clue next to each day to help us remember what's coming up.

As you can see next week is gonna be JAM PACKED!!!!





So to sum it all up- We are happy, healthy and a whole lot of tired over here and I think my hubby and I will be celebrating the end of a long school week with a big glass of vino! :)

Have a fabulous weekend everyone!

~Abbie~

No comments:

Post a Comment