Header

Image Map

January Currently

Hey Y'all! 

So I realize January is almost over and I'm super late to the game, but better late than never right??

I'm linking up (super late) with Farely for the January Currently.

Here we go  :)

Listening
To Parks and Recreation which is in its final season. 
I can't think of a show that has made me laugh so much and I'm super bummed it's ending this year
 :(
Leslie Knope will forever be one of my favorite characters of all time! And Andy, and Ron Swanson and Ben! They are all awesome characters whom I will miss very much!

Excuse me a moment while I drift/laugh out loud down memory lane.
























Aaannnnd Moving on..

Loving
Yoga! I can't believe I'm actually saying this because for years I've been a huge proponent of the cardio workout (you know the painful, make you sweat, panting for breath kinda work out?).
I always thought you had to sweat and jump around for the work out to actually be effective and make you feel sore- NOPE, wrong!
I tried yoga for the first time recently and I was so pleasantly surprised. 
It was incredibly relaxing and I actually felt a little sore the next day, which is awesome since that means it was challenging but also lowers blood pressure.
I gotta say as a teacher, I can use all the stress relievers I can get and this was a wonderful discovery.

Thinking
All about science! I gotta tell ya, this year has been so fun and I'm absolutely loving all the fun and engaging science projects I've tried with my kiddos. Last week we studied phases of the moon and wrapped up our space unit.
Take a look at how these projects turned out:

 

 These two videos were extremely helpful and peaked my students interest before we jumped into our project: The Lunar Cycle and Flocabulary- Moon Phases which is an awesome song to help kids learn the moon's phases. My kids loved it!
I used this space unit:

Solar System: An Interactive Notebook Unit on Astronauts and Space by Creative Classroom Core

I couldn't recommend it more highly! It was an amazing unit and my kids learned so much!!

Wanting
I am wanting to purchase a whole slew of TPT units, but I'm having to restrain myself.
It's….Not….Easy!!!

Needing
To start compiling all of our tax documents. 
Wow do I feel like a super old person right now! But alas, tis the life of an adult.
Am I right?

And finally this year:
I'm saying YES to contentment. I take so much for granted and with social media (Facebook, twitter etc.) it's really easy to fall into the habit of comparing your life to others and wishing things were just a bit different. This year I'm saying NO to comparison and YES to contentment.
I've decided to be happy with where I am and who I am called to be. And that's good enough.

I'm thinking about MAYBE journaling on a regular basis. I'm not resolving to write every day cause I know that's not realistic, but I think it's reasonable to try and jot down mental notes at least once a week. 
And finally, my wish would be to actually write a children's book. I've had a bare bones idea in the back of my mind for awhile and I think it would be pretty cool if I actually did something about it!

We shall see :)

Happy New Year people!
What are you saying 'Yes' to? 
What is something you 'Maybe' consider doing this year?
What do you 'Wish' for this year?



post signature

6 comments:

  1. I way behind as well this month, got out of routine with my long vacation! So glad everything is back in session so I can gt everything done.

    Jeanie Cullip @ ABC 123 & Coffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeanie- Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. It definitely helps to be back in a routine- I always feel the most productive after I've rested on a vacation :)

      Delete
  2. Abbie,
    What a great idea to write a children's book! Reach for your dreams--I wish you the best! I really like the thought of contentment. I agree, it is way to easy to make comparisons and feel inadequate with all of the things people post on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and even TPT. Sometimes I really think these people have WAY TOO MUCH TIME on their hands. (or they never sleep) We all have to learn to realize we are great how we are. On the flip side, it seems as if there are a lot of criticizers out there as well. I think it is going to be especially important as a parent to teach our children this too. They are growing up in a completely different "age" than we did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy- Thanks for your encouragement. I really hope I can write the book, maybe I can knock it out this summer ;) And yes, the battle for contentment is never ending but hopefully it gets easier the longer it's a goal.

      Delete
  3. Hi I found you through the currently linky. I agree with you on yoga. I love it and it's definitely a stress reliever. Good luck with the children's book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqui! Thanks for stopping by. I absolutely LOVE yoga. It's been the best discovery this year.

      Delete