Header

Image Map

Five For Friday


It's time again for FIVE FOR FRIDAY!!





More Adventures with Elf on the Shelf



A few weeks ago I went to my cousin's wedding and her favors were lego candy! How cute is that! I was enthralled :) 
My family members were happy to give me their favors so I happened to have just enough to give to my students. Of course they think Buddy our elf brought them gifts from the North Pole. This was a fun surprise!

We also found him lifting marshmallow weights and building a fort.

And lastly, this week we had our gingerbread hunt. 
The elf brought us a gingerbread friend to decorate.




Gingerbread Hunt!




 Every year I decorate a gingerbread man with my class, then we put him in our play oven and go out to recess. When the students come back in, they discover that he is missing and in his place he's left gingerbread friends for us to eat instead. 
We then hunt for him all over the school.



My favorite part of the hunt is when we visit the principal. She is so funny and convincing, almost all my students believe that the gingerbread man tied her up.



If you're interested in incorporating the gingerbread theme into your classroom this year, feel free to check out my 
gingerbread unit on TPT. 
It includes a gingerbread hunt, glyph, graphic organizer to help writers create and organize their characters and a story template to help them create their own gingerbread story.


 

Christmas Inspiration

This was such an incredible find! My mom actually gave me this book the first day of December and encouraged me to read it every day in preparation for advent.
I decided to incorporate it into my classroom and I'm so happy I made that decision.
Each day it retells a different story from the Bible and weaves it into a message about Christmas. It has such beautiful writing and amazing artwork.


 As I read from this book each day, I have my students cut out and color an ornament that they can glue on a their tree. This gives us something to look forward to everyday and we've fallen into a nice routine of listening, coloring, gluing and pondering. 
It has been a very sweet time.





More on Dressember

So I already shared about Dressember on my Currently post, but I wanted post this weeks pictures to prove that I've been participating every day.

Day 6


Day 7















Day 8 
Day 10


Day 11- School CANCELED due to inclement weather (I cheated just a bit) I wore my pajamas all day (let's pretend I was wearing a nightgown- I actually don't own one!)




















Day 12

 If you want to learn more about Dressember feel free to read on HERE  or if you're interested in doing something incredible this December, consider donating HERE



Sight Words, Punctuation & Reading Words!

Here are a couple of freebies I picked up on TPT that were seriously a lifesaver this week. 
I feel like my students were extremely engaged with each of these activities!



                                                    Punctutation        

Now I'm off to pass out Christmas cookies to the neighbors and snuggle in for a movie night with the hubs.


Have a wonderful weekend friends!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment