Header

Image Map

I'm BACK! Classroom Reveal & a FREEBIE


Goodness gracious it has been WAY too long!
I hope you had an amazing summer. I have been eagerly awaiting the time I could hop back on my blog and fill you in on all of my new happenings. 
As you may know, I had a baby last year and it has taken awhile to get adjusted to our new normal.
 I have absolutely loved becoming a Mama and learning how to slow down and enjoy life with my little guy, but now school is back in session and I couldn't be more excited to show you what I worked on all...summer....long!

(my reason for not blogging- isn't that face scrumptious! I mean c'mon, I just can't handle those cheeks!)

Last spring I accepted a new job as a kindergarten teacher (that's right- a single grade!! I feel like I've died and gone to heaven).
I am now teaching kindergarten half days (I'm teaching in the morning and my partner teacher is there in the afternoons). This gives me just the right balance of doing what I love: teaching kinder and snuggling my little one at home. 
I am one happy lady!

So, as soon as I found out I would be teaching kinder, I got on Pinterest ASAP and started planning out the design for my new room. 
It took me all summer, but I finally feel ready to share it with you. So here we go,

Drum roll please....





 Here is a close up of my desk area. I got the pink tassels at target. The bunting is from Amy Grosebeck's unit. You can grab it HERE




<<< Our cozy reading nook. We have already started using it during read to self time and the kiddos love lounging on the benches while they read.

Our reading buddies >>>
I haven't introduced them yet this year, but I know the kids are gonna LOVE partner reading with their favorite characters! 


Here's a little close up of our number "feature board"
This helps my students gain a really solid understanding of number concepts throughout the year. Feel free to download yourself a FREEBIE

 This is a close up of our cubbies. I found this awesome idea on pinterest a few years ago. Put the students names on clips so you can move them around. This really helps me since I always put my students names in ABC order ;)

 <<<This is our writing wall. I plan to put up student work once we get into the swing of things. Also it's a little hard to see, but the other board is for "selfies". I plan to have the students complete monthly self portraits and we will add them to the wall. I can't wait to see how they progress throughout the year!

And last but not least, I wanted to give you a close up of my favorite bulletin board!
I got the idea from Pinterest, but I added my own spin.



Thanks for stopping by!
I'll be posting later in the week all about our kinder orientation and back to school night.

Until next time!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment