Header

Image Map

Amazing Art Inspiration!


So today I wanted to take some time to highlight one of my amazing co-workers and dearest friends, Yvonne Bruner.
She is our schools' K-12 art teacher. I am consistently amazed by her creativity and ability take themes and units and differentiate them to meet the needs of each age group. 

I wanted to share a recap of some of the fun and amazing art projects she has done with the students at our school this year.
I also have to thank her for always humoring me when I pop into her room (usually last minute) and ask if she has time to squeeze in an extra art project I just discovered on Pinterest. She is such a gem!

Let me start by giving you a little preview of the amazingness that greets students each time they step into her room.



Okay, on to the fun stuff!
Here are a few art pieces my kiddos completed in art.
I love how their thankful trees turned out. So cute!


Every year our elementary puts on a Christmas performance. This year our theme was Christmas Around the World. We taught the kids traditional songs in other languages (Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noel, Silent Night in German as well as in sign language). It was so very sweet and simple. The other awesome component, was the artwork Yvonne had each of the classes complete which also tied in the around the world theme. 

Check it out:


Nativity & Mexican Pointsettas

Chinese Lanterns and Russian Nesting Dolls


This year for our annual auction, we had each of the classes create an art piece that we sold during our live auction.
The auction theme this year was Fiesta which we wanted to carry over into the artwork.
Here is what they made, and I was so thrilled and proud of their hard work!

Middle School Mosaic Artwork

Mexican Textile Painting inspired by Mexican Textile Fabric Print completed by the NBCA High School Students 

Floral Painting 
(inspired by floral needlepoint pillow)
created by the 1st-3rd Grade Students






















Handcrafted Tree on Live Walnut 
with a Raw Edge
Created by the 4th/5th Grade Students with the generous help of Richard Ducker (an amazing parent who spent countless hours, sanding, priming and staining the wood)


This fun little Easter project was something we teamed up on to complete. I found the idea on Pinterest and started it with my kiddos in class. I had them trace the crosses on black construction paper and cut them out. Then they painted the water color background in art and after it was dry glued on their crosses. 
I love how the finished projects looked!
*Also this cutie pie lost a tooth that day, so I had to snap a pick of that too (2 lost teeth in 2 days! Holy moly!)


I just noticed this bulletin board this week and I couldn't help but share it! I love how this project turned out. It encompasses multiple elements of art. 



And lastly, I wanted to share what our kids worked on this year for our annual art fair. Each year, Yvonne chooses a theme and implements it into each classes project. Student complete individual pieces which are then judged by members of our community (usually teachers and parents who work in the field of graphic design).
The theme this year is Identity in Christ.
I absolutely love what the kids came up with:










And on that note, I'd like to wish you a good night!




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment