Header

Image Map

Happy Valentines Day Ya'll


Well yesterday was definitely a whirlwind!
We had a very busy fun fill day packed with celebrations, sugar and of course lots of lovely valentines.

 
We started gearing up for Valentines this week by thinking about all the things we love about our school. *I found this idea on Pinterest (not my original idea).
It was so fun to have the whole community (K-12 students) contributing to our bulletin board.

We kicked off our morning with Donuts with Dads a fun community event that we do every year (we celebrate muffins with moms in may for Mother's day but since Father's day isn't until June we celebrate ours in February right around Valentines)






 Look at those cuties! 
I love my kindergarten love bugs :)


 We also had a Valentine's themed bake sale to raise money for our chick hatching fund.
I am happy to report we totally exceeded our financial goal and I'm ready to start adding items to my amazon cart and getting this ball rolling. 

*Mission baby chicks has officially commenced!
It's go time people :)


Bake Sale Success  

 Here are a few tips& tricks I have learned 
(the hard way) from experience over the years to help make a bake sale successful and stress free.

Here's my advice:
1. Raise money for something specific *baby chicks, butterfly larva, new playground toys etc. (it's a lot easier for people to give when they know where the money is going)

2. Recruit lots of parent helpers
I always send out a bake sale sign up sheet a week before the sale with suggestions of items we may need (brownies, cupcakes, cookies, cake pops, toys, bubbles, playdough etc.) as well as a schedule with available time slots for parent volunteers sign up to help sell. This helps me keep track of the items being sent in and make sure there is enough variety as well as making sure I have all the busy sale times covered throughout the day.
 
3. Pick a Popular Theme
I've found that when I give the bake sale a theme (usually close to a popular holiday) it makes the items that come in look much more  appealing and therefore we sell more. 
Give your sale a little curb appeal! 

4. Make Your Bake Sale Mobile!
I've started putting all my remaining items on a cart at the end of the day and rolling it out to the carpool area so we can continue selling when parents come to pick up their kiddos. 
Works like a charm.

5. Diversify your items 
I realized a few years ago that we could sell so much more than sugary treats. The possibilities are literally endless. We've added toys, pencils, erasers, tattoos, jello, candy bags and stickers to our sale items and the best part is, if they don't sell they don't go bad so we can just save them and sell them at our next bake sale. 
The other thing I do is usually mark down the items as the day progresses. It's always better to get something instead of nothing, am I right?




And lastly, I woke up to a fun surprise
~Breakfast in bed~
I'm a spoiled woman.




Happy Valentines Everyone!



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment