Header

Image Map

100th Day of School!!

So we did it! We made it to the 100th day and boy was it packed with activities! (our hundredth day was actually last Thursday, but there has been an incredible amount of stuff going on and I couldn't manage to post until now)

Leading up to the 100th day we brought in 100 little things to add to our classroom collection.




I found a fabulous unit by Sheila Melton that I used for morning work all week leading up to our 100th day celebration.

You can purchase it from TPT 100th Day of School Celebration (70 page unit)!

Here are some samples of student work that turned out really cute!


This worksheet had them draw the following:
 1. What they would look like when they are 100 years old
2. Their favorite memory from the past 100 days of school 
 3. What they would buy with $100 
4. They could eat 100...


They thought this 'I Spy' worksheet was so fun!


As promised Zero the Hero came and brought them a snack that was round (resembling a zero)
Every year, I have him bring mini bagels and cream cheese (it is a fun way to wrap up our counting by ten's unit)
*I plan to post more on Zero the Hero another day

Then on the 100th day we made 100 posters.
Here is the list of all the things each poster needed

1. Write 10 numbers
2. Write your name 10 times
3. Write 10 friends names
4. Write 10 words
5. Glue 10 shapes
6. 10 stamps
7. 10 sequins
8. 10 stickers
9. 10 paint dots
10. 10 thumbprints

Here is my sample poster I used to give my students an exampleAnd here is how the kids posters turned out (well at least one of them anyways)
Pretty cute don't ya think?

In the afternoon, we made 100th day snack mix. As I'm sure you can see, we had 10 different snacks and the kids used these tens frames to separate the snacks into 10 groups of 10 totaling 100.


I was able to download these fantastic 100 day tens frames HERE


To finish up our day, we did 100 exercises (Wow! I was not expecting that to be so exhausting :)


Well, thats about it for now folks. Hope you enjoyed my little post. 


Happy Monday!


No comments:

Post a Comment