Header

Image Map

President's Day and the 100th Day



Here is a picture of an art project I did with my kids last year. We ripped up red, white and blue tissue paper and then crumpled it into balls which we glued on the profile's of Lincoln and Washington.

We discussed how shadowing and color contrasting is used in art to help show variation. We used different colors for the president's hair and skin to show the difference between them.

When we did this activity, I divided the class into two teams. The kids loved working together to create our master pieces!


This picture was taken on the 100th Day of School. I tried to find an item of clothing that I owned that looked like it had at least 100 circles on it (I think this dress had more than enough!).
I'm also holding up a poster I had each of my students make on the 100th day.  They had to add 100 things (paint dots, feathers etc.)

No comments:

Post a Comment